Saturday, December 22, 2007

Hustle Bustle

Even though today is the shortest day of the year, there is a ton going on. Everything is busy but cheerful, and it feels like Christmas.

I am waiting on Sears to deliver a new dryer. My parents bought it for our Christmas gift. My old one still works, but it takes a load about a 3 hours to get done. That is not very good when you have 3 people in a house. The laundry becomes a problem.

Downstairs, Claire and Campbell's grandfather Frady, called "Poppi" is busy working on her gift. There is a room there that has been on the to do list for the last 12 years. It was partly finished before I bought the house. Claire has been wanting to make it her room and Ninny and Poppi are doing it for her birthday and Christmas gift. It looks great. It even has its own bathroom. I hope I see her again once she moves down there :) I will have to make regular visits. Since I have to go right through there to get to the pottery studio I am working on putting together, I will see her.

Here is the dryer...

They are installing it now. I will be doing laundry in just a few minutes. We will see how fast it goes.

Later, I will take Claire and Dad shopping. Dad has had some health issues and the doctors have told him not to drive. It is making him bonkers. He has always run around doing secret little things right before Christmas. This setback is getting in the way of his Santa Spirit.

Back to the hustle and bustle that I do enjoy, but only for a day or two.

Merry Christmas!!!!!!

No comments: