Friday, July 04, 2008

Happy Fourth

It is the 4th of July. Here in Brevard, we have quite a celebration. There are 5K and 10K races, a festival downtown with booths of all sorts, and a good fireworks display after dark. It's always hot, fun, and worth the time. Not bad for a small town in NC.

I just booked airline tickdts for Boston for the end of the month. I can't wait to go see my sister in Rutland, MA. She works there on a Heifer International Educational Farm as the livestock manager. We will be staying on the farm for a week. We will volunteer and help her get her chores done each day, so I'm packing my good ol' Muck Boots. We will also go into Boston and other places around there. I know that we are going into Vermont to the Morgan Horse Association headquarters. I haven't been to Vermont before and hear that it is beautiful. Good thing it is summer. This southern girl would be a popsicle.

Enjoy your day. I am feeling great, and can't wait to get out there and see friends, hear music, and celebrate being an American!

No comments: