Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Spurts

I wish I could make myself be consistent about blogging. I do it in spurts. I don't know why. I have had a few things that have taken precedence. I found out that I have cancer back in February. I have been a bit preoccupied with that. I am taking chemo treatments every three weeks and will end those on the 30th of this month. The kind of cancer I have is unknown. It had already metasticised to my lymph nodes, my liver and my lung. The prognosis wasn't good, but I am responding to treatments very well, and I believe I am going to beat this thing. I believe in God and one of his names is Great Physician. I know that many, many people are praying for me, and my last CT scan showed good progress in the decrease of disease.


Here are some of the things that suck about cancer:

1. chemo for 6 hours at a time

2. my skin is a weird color

3. I get tired sometimes

4. I used to throw up alot

5. NO HAIR


Here are some of the good things that have happened because of me having cancer:

1. I don't have to shave

2. I get to take naps any time I want

3. I have started exercising and my body is getting stronger

4. I have a great hat collection

5. I have seen the truly good side of people - true compassion

6. I have a wonderful family

7. My faith has grown by leaps


I plan to fight and beat this thing no matter how long it takes. I feel great. God has blessed me.


The picture is one of me after I lost my hair. I am holding a lovely little baby who is the child of my friend Erin. She took the picture.

No comments: