Saturday, August 06, 2005

Going to the Movies

One thing that I enjoy is going to the movies. Yesterday Claire, Campbell, Dan and I went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It met and exceeded my expectations. When we left the theater Dan and I both looked at each other and at the same time said, "That was wierd." Claire and Campbell sat behind us a few rows and every little bit I heard Claire laughing out loud. Go see it. I think Roald Dahl would be pleased. I thought it was interesting that his wife, Felicity Dahl, was the executive producer. The movie is some different from the book. The ending is quite different in fact, but not at all disappointing.

Here is another place that is fun to go. Dan and I love to poke around in here. It is a in downtown Greenville and it is called Venti. It is a very modern interior design shop and while you are there you are invited to open the cabinets and drawers to discover all kinds of fun surprises tucked inside to be taken home. My problem is that the stuff I have at my house is all so old and junky that if I did get something from there it would make what I have look stupid. So, I just go and enjoy looking and there is nothing wrong with that!

Speaking of shopping. Claire handed me our fall copy of the LL Bean catalogue with the pages dog-eared and objects circled in black sharpie with size and color marked. She is so funny. I could spend a couple of thousand if I were able to order everything she liked. Not to mention adding in the things I would like to have from there. We could go bankrupt! I do think that a couple of back-to-school items are doable.

And, speaking of shopping again. I am off to find a birthday present for my awesome sister, Donna. She is the best! This year is a big one for her. 40!!!!!! (I beat her there 20 months ago.) Her birthday is this Wednesday and I need to get it in the mail. What shall I find? There are all kinds of possibilities out there...

No comments: